Kelsea Ballerini is an American country singer who first made her mark on the music industry in 2014. After releasing her debut single ‘Love Me Like You Mean It’, Kelsea was named one of CMT’s ‘Next Women of Country’.
Since then, Kelsea has definitely lived up to this title. ‘Love Me Like You Mean It’ reached number one on the US Country Airplay chart. She followed this single with hits ‘Dibs’ and ‘Peter Pan’, which also reached the top spot on the same chart. Kelsea was the first solo female to achieve this since Wyona Judd in 1992.
You can watch the music video for ‘Peter Pan’ below:
As well as this, Kelsea received an ACM award for ‘New Female Vocalist of the Year’ in 2015. She is currently on tour supporting Thomas Rhett in America.
Kelsea’s devoted fanbase have helped her achieve her dreams. We caught up with Kayla who runs @KelseaOnTour to find out what it’s like to support her.
1. Can you briefly introduce yourself? State your name, and roughly where you are from?
Hi! My name is Kayla and I’m from Phoenix, Arizona!
2. Can you explain when and how you first became a fan of Kelsea?
I was watching the ACCAs in 2014 and Kelsea was interviewing artists on the red carpet, and I thought she was so funny and kind!
3. Why are you a fan of Kelsea?
I feel like she’s a very relatable artist. She always puts others first and she never forgets her roots and who she is.
4. What made you want to run a fan account about Kelsea?
Honestly, because there wasn’t any other update accounts around at the time, and I was curious to follow an update account…but couldn’t find any, so I just made my own!
5. Roughly how much time to you spend running your account?
Not much time actually! Unless it’s an award show or big event, for the Grammys I was updating for about 8 hours that day.
6. Do you have anyone who runs the account for you if for some reason you are away?
7. How many followers do you currently have and do they talk to you/ask you things often?
We have over 4,000 followers and a lot of fans talk to us over dms/tweet us!
8. Do you prefer to just write updates (keeping it writing/informative based) or post pictures on your account?
Updates, because I never know what to caption pictures.
9. Would you say that you have met any friends online through your account?
I have been so lucky to meet so many people because of this account, it’s incredible how music connects so many of us.
10. Has Kelsea or any members of her team ever noticed your account? If so, how did it feel?
Yes, Kelsea has pointed the account out at a couple of q&a’s I’ve attended, it’s always a super surreal feeling and something I never expect, but am ever so thankful for.
11. What is your favourite Kelsea song?
Peter Pan..because how could it not be?!?!
12. What is your favourite thing about Kelsea?
How she’s so funny and down to earth. She’s also a terrific role-model and goes out of her way to make her fans feel like her best friends.
13. If you could say one thing to Kelsea then what would it be?
That I love her and can’t wait to hear the music she’s been working on!