It’s February 17th, which can only mean one thing – it’s Dean Gibbons’ birthday! The former Hometown singer from Ireland turns twenty-three today.
Dean is best known for being one sixth of Irish boyband Hometown. The band had two number one singles in Ireland. These were ‘Where I Belong’ and ‘Cry for Help’. They also supported The Vamps, McBusted and Olly Murs on tour over the past two years. Unfortunately, the band recently decided to part ways to focus on their own ambitions. We wish them all the best of luck and cannot wait to see what they get up to next. It already looks like there may be some exciting things in store.
To celebrate Dean’s birthday, we have put together some of our favourite Instagram posts from the man himself.
1. First of all, here is Dean out walking with his Granny – we love the relationship Dean has with his Granny.
2. Next we have Dean spending time with his family over Christmas.
3. Here’s Dean when he was a little boy. So cute!
4. Dean’s first post after HomeTown announced their split. He thanked the fans for their support and also said he will always be there for the others.
By now hopefully the dust has had time to settle and can I just say a massive thank you to everyone who has supported us in anyway at all in the last couple of years. It has been an unforgettable experience and a life changing one at that. We as a band and as friends have always had each other's backs and supported each other no matter what the situation or circumstance. I can't wait to see what road everyone takes but regardless of what it is they all know I'll always here to support them. Thanks for the madness and the memories lads.
5. Showing his support for former bandmate Brendan, who will be representing Ireland at the Eurovision Song Contest this year. (We told you the lads had some exciting stuff lined up)
6. A beautiful shot of the Hometown boys on stage in Cork.
7. Sleepy as well as handsome Dean!
8. Another picture of Dean doing what he loves.
9. Dean’s also been doing some exploring in his spare time.
10. Lastly, it’s not everyday you get to play a legend’s piano.
From all of us at CelebMix we wish Dean a very Happy Birthday! We hope you get to spend the day with friends as well as family. We also hope you eat lots of cake – what better excuse can you get?