22-year-old Justin Bieber now rules the music section of the Guinness World Records 2017 Edition. The Canadian pop star was honored with eight new world records. According to Guinness, Bieber is now the proud owner of new titles because of his latest album, “Purpose”, and giant social media following.
— GuinnessWorldRecords (@GWR) August 29, 2016
1. Most streamed track on Spotify in one week:
On the platform Spotify, Justin’s hit “What Do You Mean?” was streamed an amazing 30,723,708 times over seven days.
2. Most streamed album on Spotify in one week:
Canadian pop star’s fourth studio album “Purpose” was streamed 205 million times worldwide, it set a new benchmark in the USA where it was showcased as No.1 on the Billboard 200.
3. Most simultaneous tracks on the US singles chart:
A number of Justin’s songs were scattered amongst the ranks on the Billboard Hot 100, totalling an impressive 17 tracks.
4. Most simultaneous new entries in the Hot 100 by a solo artist:
His Purpose album became a familiar sight on the lists of Billboard with 13 songs on the Hot 100 dated December 5, 2015.
5. First act to occupy all top three positions simultaneously on UK singles chart:
Justin also found success in the UK with his records “Love Yourself” (No.1), “Sorry” (No.2) and “What Do You Mean?” (No.3) towering the UK singles chart on January 14, 2016.
6. Most followers on twitter (male):
Pop star had 87.1 million followers on twitter. Since January of this year, his followers have increased by an astounding 11 million.
7. Most viewed music channel on YouTube (individual):
Justin’s official VEVO channel on YouTube has 10,478,651,389 views.
8. Most subscribers on YouTube for a musician (male):
Justin Bieber claimed another title from his 20,711,202 subscribers on his YouTube Channel JustinBieberVEVO.
Guinness World Records presented Bieber with his certificates last month before one of his shows on the Purpose World Tour at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The Guinness World Records 2017 Edition hits shelves on September 8.
For more celebrity news follow us on social media via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @CelebMix.