Your go-to-guide for everything you need to know about an English rock band Arctic Monkeys.
Who are the members of Arctic Monkeys?
- Alex Turner (vocals, guitar)
- Matt Helders (drums)
- Jamie Cook (guitar)
- Nick O’Malley(bass)
When and where were they born?
- Jamie Cook – 8 July 1985
West Kirby, Merseyside, England
- Matthew Helders – 7 May 1986
- Alexander David Turner – 6 January 1986
High Green, Sheffield, England
- Nicholas O’Malley- July 5, 1985
What is their most popular song?
Do I Wanna Know?
5 facts about Arctic Monkeys
- When the band first started, they made up loads of stories as to why they decided to call themselves Arctic Monkeys, because they were always asked about it in interviews.
- They were one of the first bands to make it big via MySpace.
- Jamie Cook worked as a bathroom tiler as late as May 2005. Once he returned from a sold out tour to complete a tiling job.
- The original singer in the band was Glyn Jones, a fellow student at Stocksbridge High. Alex Turner was too shy to take the mic at first.
- The song ‘R U Mine’ was inspired by hip-hop stars Lil Wayne and Drake.
What else do I need to know about the band?
Arctic Monkeys are an English rock band formed in 2002 in High Green, a suburb of Sheffield. They have released five studio albums: Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not (2006), Favourite Worst Nightmare (2007), Humbug (2009), Suck It and See (2011) and AM (2013), as well as one live album, At the Apollo (2008). Their debut album is the fastest-selling debut album by a band in British chart history, and in 2013, Rolling Stone ranked it the 30th-greatest debut album of all time. The band has won seven Brit Awards – winning both Best British Group and Best British Album three times, and have been nominated for three Grammy Awards. They also won the Mercury Prize in 2006 for their debut album, in addition to receiving nominations in 2007 and 2013. The band has headlined at the Glastonbury Festival twice, in 2007 and again in 2013.