Who doesn’t love a compilation album every now and then? Well whether you do or not, another one is coming and this time it is for a good cause. The 1980’s are going to be getting a modern makeover, courtesy of a selection of artists including DNCE and Aloe Blacc.
The fourteen-track album will be called, “The Time Is Now,” and Billboard recently confirmed that all of the proceeds from it will benefit amfAR, the Foundation for AIDS Research.
Phantogram, Metric, and Yuna are just a few of the other artists who will be contributing to the new album which has been confirmed to hit the shelves on 7th October through Republic Records and Mass Appeal.
Aloe Blacc’s cover of, “Billie Jean,” is serving as the lead single for the upcoming album.
We are probably most excited about DNCE’s rendition of the Tina Turner classic, “What’s Love Got To Do With It.” The funky-fresh band already have a string of amazing covers under their belt, so we are very intrigued to see what they do with this one!
The official Track Listing for the album is as follows:
- “Take Me Home” (Phil Collins) by Phantogram
- “Bizzare Love Triangle” (New Order) by Sugar For Sugar
- “Under The Milky Way” (The Church) by Metric
- “Whip It” (Devo) by Brazilian Girls
- “Rio” (Duran Duran) by Bebel Gilberto
- “What’s Love Got To Do With It” (Tina Turner) by DNCE
- “Billie Jean” (Michael Jackson) by Aloe Blacc
- “Do You Really Want To Hurt Me” (Culture Club) by Dita Von Teese and Sebastien Tellier
- “Maneater” (Hall and Oates) by Lower Dens
- “Genius Of Love” (Tom Tom Club) by Chaos Chaos
- “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” (Whitney Houston) by Marian Hill
- “Pride (In The Name Of Love)” (U2) by LP
- “Lovesong” (The Cure) by Yuna
- “Dance Hall Days” (Wang Chung) by Theophilus London
If you simply cannot wait to jam to these smashing songs in your car then you can listen to Aloe Blacc’s cover right here:
What do you think? Will you be buying The Time Is Now when it comes out? Let us know at @CelebMix.