We have a brand new single from Evanescence from their most-recently released album Synthesis. This song is called “Hi-Lo” and a whole new version of the track has been dropped this week as the band collaborates with American violinist Lindsey Stirling.
This single is officially the second single from Synthesis following first single “Imperfection”. There was also a slew of promotional singles giving fans a taste of the new sound as new versions of “Bring Me To Life” and “Lacrymosa” was released. The release of this album showed a brand new direction for Evanescence and it still gave them considerable chart success, but not to the degree of the previous three albums – eight years is a long wait for their return.
They’ve won two Grammys to date with a bunch of chart-hits and number ones, Evanescence is one band we are all aware of. They consist of Amy Lee, Tim McCord, Will Hunt, Troy McLawhorn, and Jen Majura. They’ve just completed a world tour in promotion of Synthesis. Now, they’re currently co-headlining a North American tour with Lindsey Stirling.
She’s the American superstar violinist who is also a dancer; Lindsey Stirling is definitely on top form lately and certainly is a household name with her intricate variety of music that she plays on her violin. She became a YouTube sensation due to her incredible violin performances while incorporating dance into her videos too. Then, in 2010, she competed on America’s Got Talent – season five – where she made it to the quarter-finals. She’s worked with a variety of artists, from Owl City to Becky G, from Celine Dion to Jessie J, from Pentatonix to Imagine Dragons. Now she can add Evanescence to the list.
Alongside the release of this track is an accompanying music video. It was directed by P.R. Brown and is the perfect promotion for the co-headline tour.
Watch Evanescence’s Music Video For “Hi-Lo” Featuring Lindsey Stirling Here:
The song is powerful, to say the least. It certainly has Evanescence’s signature stamp on it, with Amy Lee completely stunning us with her beautiful vocals. It’s a rock-electronica ballad that is passionate, emotional, and beyond strong. Lindsey Stirling brings a much-needed instrumental that switches up the track, drawing the lost-listeners back into the song.
The same thing happens with the music video, the majority of which are scenes of Evanescence performing the song on their Synthesis tour. It shows their performance energy and it certainly makes us wish we were going to one of their tour dates. Lindsey Stirling switches it up towards the end with her choreographed violin dance moves that are totally sexy and on point – once again, drawing in lost-viewers. This is beyond incredible, and we highly suggest you do not miss their co-headline tour.
“Hi-Lo” is available to download and stream now, via Sony Music Entertainment Germany.
If you want to see them perform on tour, make sure you catch them at one of the following dates. Tickets can be purchased on Evanescence’s official website.
- Friday, July 06 – Kansas City, MO – Starlight Theatre
- Saturday, July 07 – St. Louis, MO – Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre
- Monday, July 09 – Detroit, MI – DTE Energy Music Theatre
- Tuesday, July 10 – Chicago, IL+ – Ravinia Festival
- Thursday, July 12 – Noblesville, IN – Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center
- Saturday, July 14 – Cincinnati, OH – Riverbend Music Center
- Tuesday, July 17 – Camden, NJ – BB&T Pavilion
- Wednesday, July 18 – Mansfield, MA – Xfinity Center
- Friday, July 20 – Charlotte, NC – PNC Music Pavilion
- Saturday, July 21 – Raleigh, NC – Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek
- Tuesday, July 24 – Bristow, VA – Jiffy Lube Live
- Wednesday, July 25 – Uncasville, CT – Mohegan Sun Arena
- Friday, July 27 – Toronto, ON – Budweiser Stage
- Saturday, July 28 – Saratoga Springs, NY – Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- Friday, August 10 – Holmdel, NJ – PNC Bank Arts Center
- Saturday, August 11 – Wantagh, NY – Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater
- Tuesday, August 14 – Simpsonville, SC – Heritage Park Amphitheatre
- Wednesday, August 15 – Atlanta, GA – State Bank Amphitheatre at Chastain Park
- Friday, August 17 – Tampa, FL – MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre
- Saturday, August 18 – West Palm Beach, FL – Coral Sky Amphitheatre
- Monday, August 20 – Jacksonville, FL – Daily’s Place
- Wednesday, August 22 – New Orleans, LA – Bold Sphere Music at Champions Square
- Friday, August 24 – Dallas, TX – Starplex Pavilion
- Saturday, August 25 – The Woodlands, TX – Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
- Tuesday, August 28 – Albuquerque, NM – Isleta Amphitheater
- Wednesday, August 29 – Phoenix, AZ – Ak-Chin Pavilion
- Friday, August 31 – Chula Vista, CA – Mattress Firm Amphitheatre
- Saturday, September 01 – Irvine, CA – FivePoint Amphitheatre
- Tuesday, September 04 – Los Angeles, CA – Greek Theater
- Wednesday, September 05 – Mountain View, CA – Shoreline Amphitheatre
- Friday, September 07 – Auburn, WA – White River Amphitheatre
- Saturday, September 08 – Ridgefield, WA – Sunlight Supply Amphitheater
This is one tour you won’t want to miss. The song is amazing and we’re sure they’re going to perform this song together – which is going to be beyond anything we could imagine.