On Sunday, Olly Murs performed the single ‘Talking to Myself’, for the first time at the Music for Mental Health gig last Sunday.
Even though he made a mistake in the lyrics whilst singing the song. We think that he covered up the mistake perfectly.
He posted a very empowering message to his Instagram story about the meaning of the song. He stated that it was the first time he had performed the song live, and that it was written about mental health.
In another post to his Instagram story, he said “if this can help just one person I’ll be super happy! Don’t talk to yourself remember to speak to someone! Don’t be alone.”
We think this song portrays a really good message about mental health. We are currently loving the whole of his album, which is made complete by this amazing song, with an empowering message.
You can listen to the song here:
We think that it is important to speak up about mental health.
Olly has done lots of amazing things this year, and also has lots of other amazing things planned:
- He has been filming for The Voice UK, he released his album You know I know.
- He collaborated with Snoop Dogg on the song Moves, which Ed Sheeran wrote (Ed also features on part of the song where it says, ‘slow down’).
- He performed at the Music for Mental Health (M4MH) gig last Sunday.
- He has been filming for his second year as a Voice UK coach.
- He collaborated and released a clothing range at River Island.
- He is performing at the Capital Jingle Bell ball this year.
- He is also doing a UK arena tour next year.
- To top it all off, he was on Cbeebies Bedtime Stories.
Let us know what you think on social media @CelebMix