Stephen King fans, rejoice! Your favourite terrifying clown is coming back to give you some sleepless nights! The international, best-selling author tweeted that filming for IT will be starting soon although no date was specified.
THE DARK TOWER movie is filming; IT begins soon. Pretty cool.
— Stephen King (@StephenKing) April 13, 2016
The horror film will be R-rated and has a new script and director. True Detective‘s Cary Fukunaga was originally co-writing and directing the film but left last year due to creative differences. It is now being directed by Mama‘s Andy Muscietti and Gary Doberman has been brought in to re-write the script.
Back in Feburary, producer Roy Lee said, “IT will hopefully be shooting later this year,” and the original novel writer confirmed it with the above tweet.
Not only that, New Line are planning to split the horror movie into two films as King’s classic story takes place in two time periods. “Gary Doberman wrote the most recent draft working with Andy Muscietti, so it’s being envisioned as two movies.” He told Collider at DICE 2016. ” We’re taking it and making the movie from the point of view of the kids, and then making another movie from the point of view of the adults.”
The first adaptation of King’s novel came in 1990 as a TV mini-series so now it’s exciting to hear we will have a new, revamped IT soon.
No specific release schedules have been given for either of the films.
What do you think about IT’s new reboot? Let us know in the comments below or tweet us @CelebMix!