If you ever needed an excuse to feel old, here it is…
The release of The Lion King was 23 years ago today. 23 YEARS! And it still remains as one of the most iconic films of all time. Not just for the simple fact that it’s an incredible movie, but because it was Disney’s first original animation that was not created from a pre-existent story line.
So to celebrate The Lion King in all its glory, we’ve gathered up our favorite (and the most memorable) quotes! Check it out below.
“Danger? Ha! I walk on the wild side. I laugh in the face of danger.” – Simba.
- “It’s the circle of life. It moves us all through despair and hope, through faith and love.” – Rafiki.
- “Look, Simba. Everything the light touches is our kingdom.” – Mufasa.
“Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or you can learn from it.” – Rafiki.
- “Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are and so forgotten me. Look inside yourself Simba, you are more than what you have become. You must take your place in the circle of life. Remember who you are. Remember…” – Mufasa.
- “Well… the buzz from the bees is that the leopards are in a bit of a spot. And the baboons are going ape over this. Of course the giraffes are acting like they’re above it all…” – Zazu.
“When we die, our bodies become the grass. And the antelope eat the grass… and so, we are all connected in the great circle of life.” – Mufasa.
- “Sarcasm is a foreign language to you, isn’t it?!” – Timon.
- “When the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world.” – Timon.
- “Going back means I’ll have to face my past… I’ve been running from it for so long.” – Simba.
“I’m only brave when I have to. Being brave doesn’t mean looking for trouble.” – Mufasa.
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – Rafiki.
- “Listen kid, bad things happen and there’s nothing you can do about it.” – Timon.
“As you go through life you’ll see that there is so much we don’t understand and the only thing we know is that things don’t always go as planned.” – Mufasa.
We’re gonna have to stop right there because these quotes are making us far too emotional. One thing is for sure though, we will never ever forgive Disney for killing off Mufasa… whether it’s 23 years later or 230 years. It’s just not happening. We are however, extremely grateful for this gem of a film.
Always and forever.
Which quotes are your favorite?! Tweet us at @CelebMix and let us know!