It’s hard to believe how often everything changes. Most of the time you don’t even realize it until one day you look back and notice how nothing is the same.
1997 was definitely a year for the books. It was the year when Apple Computer Inc. named Steve Jobs as temporary CEO, Microsoft became the worlds most valuable company at $261 billion, Tiger Woods became the youngest golfer ever to win the Masters at 21 years old and the Titanic movie created history. Simultaneously, the deaths of Princess Diana, The Notorious B.I.G. and Mother Teresa (amongst others) also effected the world widely during this time.
But in a time of need when you’re feeling happy or when you’re feeling sad, there is music. And in a time of need, music is a universal language that brings everyone together – no matter the generation.
From 1997 to 2017, here are 20 classic hits that are turning 20 years old:
1. Mo Money Mo Problems – The Notorious B.I.G.
2. Spice Up Your Life – Spice Girls
3. Everybody (Backstreet’s Back) – Backstreet Boys
4. Hypnotize – The Notorious B.I.G.
5. Around The World – Daft Punk
6. Bitter Sweet Symphony – The Verve
7. How Do I Live – LeAnn Rimes
8. Men In Black – Will Smith
9. Torn – Natalie Imbruglia
10. My Heart Will Go On – Celine Dion
11. Something About The Way You Look Tonight – Elton John
12. You Make Me Wanna… – Usher
13. Truly Madly Deeply – Savage Garden
14. I Want You – Savage Garden
15. Honey – Mariah Carey
16. Dammit – Blink 182
17. Good Riddance – Green Day
18. Sunday Morning – No Doubt
19. I’ll Be Missing You – Puff Daddy
20. Together Again – Janet Jackson
How old did we make you feel?
Which blast from the past in your favorite? Make sure to tweet us at @CelebMix and let us in on your thoughts! We always love hearing from you.