Lauren Aquilina is an English singer-songwriter from Bristol. She recently released a new single named Echoes and is also currently on tour across the United Kingdom and Ireland going to places like Bristol, Manchester, London, Dublin and Belfast. She’s also in our nominations to find the Star of Sixteen. You can vote for her until January 22nd.
Here at CelebMix we’re big fans of Lauren Aquilina and her music so we thought we’d do 5 of our favourite songs by her. Not that it’s an easy decision when all her music is phenomenal.
This song is from Lauren’s EP ‘Fools’ which was independently released in October 2012. The song has amazing lyrics with a beautiful message. Here are some of our favourites:
- ‘Glass half empty, glass half full, well either way you won’t be going thirsty.’
- ‘Count your blessings, not your flaws.’
- ‘You don’t gain a single thing from misery.’
This is a song from Lauren’s second EP ‘Sinners’ which was released in July 2013. The reason this song is second in our top 5 Lauren Aquilina songs is because of the emotional lyrics. You can even hear the emotion in her voice when she sings the song.
- ‘I’d do anything for you but I’ll never fit the bill.’
- ‘I’m irrelevant, you’ll be fine without me.’
- ‘You consume my thoughts, I’m not sure that I’m in yours at all.‘
Low is one of Lauren’s newer songs released late last year. The lyrics to this song mixed with Lauren’s beautiful vocals have truly made something wonderful. Some of the lyrics to the song are as follows:
- ‘And I know, we all get low, but I don’t know how I’m gonna get up from this one.’
- ‘Wouldn’t know we’re flying without the falls.’
Forest Fires is from Lauren’s EP ‘Liars’ which was released in 2014. The lyrics to this song are actually in a sense quite heartbreaking, but that’s just one of the things that we love about it. Sadly, heartbreaking lyrics can be the realest.
- ‘You’re running just to run from me.’
- ‘Who would wanna be around me?”
The last song on the list of favourite songs by the amazing Lauren Aquilina is Fools. This song was also released on the ‘Fools’ EP back in 2012. The song is a romantic one and magnificently done.
- ‘What if we ruin it all, and we love like fools?‘
- ‘Those hardest to love need it most.’
- ‘I want you more than I’ve wanted anyone, isn’t that dangerous?‘