In a biological context, stress is how your body and mind react to unfamiliar situations. Chronic stress can affect physical health and mental wellbeing of a student. Results of a research revealed that stress is very common in the students of higher education institutes (Arabian Journal of Business and Management Review). This can not only affect their studies but also have long term consequences on their career. Here I’ve discussed a few tips to beat stress and academically perform well.
Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
The foundation of a healthy lifestyle mainly asks for five things.
- Firstly, watch your diet. Pack your meal with green vegetables and healthy fruits. Prefer food enriched with minerals, vitamins, proteins, and omega 3. Also, food with a high amount of folic acid helps to reduce stress.
- Secondly, exercise regularly. It lifts your mood, boosts energy level, and improves health condition.
- Thirdly, calm your nerves down, meditate, and tap on positive thoughts.
- Fourthly, develop a habit to get enough sleep. Instead of studying throughout the night, take out some time to relax. Try to do fun activities like listening to music or watching TV.
- Finally, practice self-care to maintain a healthy balance of your physical, emotional, and mental health. Wear nice and look good because a healthy lifestyle reduces the stress.
Make Time for Socializing
The best thing you can do to handle stress is socializing at the campus. Hang out with fellows and engage yourself in constructive communication. Sometimes, all you need is a change of perspective to recover your state of mind. Attend orientation week and join societies that might help you take away academic worries. It is a good chance to meet new people and improve your resume. Even greet with security guards, food vendors, janitorial staff, and admin people inside the campus.
Get Online Help for Academic Tasks
Students get stressed when they are unable to finish assigned tasks on due dates. You can get help from your classmates on difficult assignments. If not, look out for online service providers. They offer academic writing to students who are running short on deadlines. You simply pay for a paper and they get it done before time. It’s okay to accept some help to lessen the burden.
Time management is another technique to overcome stress. Organize academic life by creating a work schedule and break it down on hourly basis. List down your tasks from most important to least important. Take one thing at a time and don’t leave your assigned tasks for next day. Avoid distractions in order to stay focused.
Write a Daily Journal
You might find writing a journal an old school tip; nonetheless, it allows you to get rid of unwanted thoughts. You can even list down things you want to achieve on a short-term or long terms basis – make sure they are not too difficult. Write down a list of activities that make you happy. You will feel more relaxed at the end of day.