Since voting wrapped up on the CelebMix Twitter Fandom Awards 2018, we’ve been interviewing all the winners to get an inside look at what it’s like to run a successful update account. We had the pleasure of chatting to Stori from @dlipanews on her huge win as Best Dua Lipa Fan Account.
1. When did you start @dlipanews and what compelled you to make an update account?
2. How has owning an update account impacted your life?
I’ve met so many amazing people, made so many friends and had the opportunity in growing such a wonderful bond with Dua because of our account.
3. What does being an update account mean to you?
It means the absolute world to me that people choose to follow our account and trust us with updating them on our favorite girl.
4. What do you enjoy most about @dlipanews?
I enjoy the bond that we have created within our fandom and of course, the bond that I have with Dua because of it. If it wasn’t for this account, we wouldn’t have a lot of the opportunities that we have.
5. Give us a quick break down on the daily life of being an update account? Do you have a day to day routine on where to get updates first or do you just update on whatever you see first?
There isn’t a daily routine, it’s mostly just whatever we see, we update. It only changes when there is a show. When there is a show, I just stay up (depending on the timezone) and update with pictures and videos as they come along.
6. What do you love most about Dua Lipa?
I love how down to earth she is. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting her four times now and every single time, it’s a different experience. She is the most humble celebrity I’ve ever met. She truly cares so much for her fans and treats us like her friends.
7. When did you become a fan? How did you hear about Dua Lipa?
8. Have you ever collaborated with other accounts? Would you consider it if you haven’t?
I have not! But that would be fun. We do follow fellow update accounts, so it would be cool to collaborate with one of them!
9. Was there ever a point down the road where you wanted to delete @dlipanews? If so, what made you want to keep the account instead of deleting it?
I’ve never wanted to delete the account, I enjoy updating too much. It’s a lot of hard work but everything is worth it in the end.
10. What was your first reaction when you found out you had been nominated for a CelebMix Twitter Fandom Award, and what was your reaction when you found out you won?
Well I had no idea that we were even nominated but I am so grateful that people even thought of us when nominating. And I’m even more grateful that we won. The fact that people voted for us means the world to me. Like I said before, I work so hard on our account and so, it’s things like this, that makes me realize how worth it, it truly is.
11. Where do you see @dlipanews in the upcoming years? Do you think you’ll still be updating through your account?
I’m hoping that we continue to grow as a community. I’ll continue updating as long as there is content to update.
12. This is your official acceptance speech for the 2018 CelebMix Twitter Fandom Awards: do you have anything to say to the people who nominated and voted for you, to your loyal supporters, or to Dua herself?
I just want to say thank you to the people who thought to nominate us. I never thought we would ever win something like this but it’s such an honor. To everyone who voted for us as well, thank you so much! Getting to update everyone on someone we all have a mutual love for is the best feeling in the world.
Thank you to the people who continue to follow our account and show us so much love. We actually just hit 35k and I’m so so grateful for that. I had no idea how huge our account would become.
Also thank you to CelebMix for even making these awards, I appreciate it very much. I’m sure a lot of hard work goes into this, so thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Just a quick shout out to best friends, Steph who helps me when I’m not able to update, she always has my back and Drea for always making the most amazing edits, videos and our layouts look incredible. Love you guys so much!
Congratulations to @dlipanews for being crowned Best Dua Lipa Fan Account and thank you to everyone who voted in the 2018 CelebMix Twitter Fandom Awards.
Come and chat to us about the awards over on Twitter @CelebMix.