CBD is all the frenzy right now, particularly with the claims that it heals multiple medical issues and alleviated various common ailments like pain, insomnia, and anxiety. Significantly hyped for its health benefits and intoxicating traits, CBD almost feels too good to be true!
It is this excitement that has sparked the curiosity of numerous individuals about what CBD is all about. This CBD what you need to know guide offers you comprehensive details about what it is, how it works, and its effects, among many others.
Let’s get started.
What is CBD?
CBD stands for cannabidiol, a hemp extract that contains high concentrations of cannabinoid. Unlike THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), which produces psychoactive effects when consumed, CBD (cannabidiol) has no known toxicity. Moreover, some medicinal benefits have been found with the consumption of this product.
CBD products are especially popular among people with chronic pain or those who suffer from seizures since they provide relief without inducing intoxication that regular marijuana might. These products are also used to manage anxiety, diabetes, epilepsy, nausea, rheumatoid arthritis, and other ailments.
How Does CBD Work?
When CBD is taken for specific medical issues, it works by interacting with various receptors (or sites) in the central nervous system and immune system, mainly CB1 and CB2 receptors. The primary role of these is to regulate many of the body’s functions, including things like:
- Inflammation and immune response
- Pain perception
- Body temperature
The endocannabinoid system that CBD interacts with is understood as a myriad of mechanisms and pathways in the brain, nervous system, and immune system.
As research into the endocannabinoid system has advanced and people have become more familiar with it, discoveries are being made, and CBD oil has proved to be very effective on various medical issues.
The history of cannabis use is long and complicated. And because of its highly controversial nature, many people are opposed to its use today. However, CBD is an all-natural product that can help various health conditions such as chronic pain, depression, anxiety, and many others.
When you ingest CBD oil, it interacts with the receptors in your body and helps to modulate how those receptors communicate with each other. So instead of getting high from THC, you feel the effects that are described above. This is why CBD helps people to feel better and assists them with a variety of conditions.
Because of its ability to relieve pain and inflammation and combat anxiety and depression, CBD oil has become widely used by people worldwide.
Benefits of CBD Oil
CBD is used for various reasons, including relieving pain, reducing inflammation, combating anxiety and depression, plus much more. We’ll cover some of the most popular CBD uses here.
- Pain Relief & Anti-Inflammatory Properties: CBD effectively relieves pain and inflammation that an injury or illness has caused. It works to do this by activating receptors in the brain and immune system.
- Anti-Anxiety & Anti-Depressant Properties: CBD oil has been shown to combat anxiety and depression naturally. Studies have indicated that it is as effective as some anti-depressants. People who are suffering from these issues often find that CBD helps them feel their best.
- Sleep Aid: CBD is a powerful sleep aid that can help people get a restful night of sleep faster and wake up feeling refreshed. Many studies demonstrate that CBD may reduce insomnia and help users fall asleep when they take a dose before bed.
- Pain Relief: CBD is an effective pain reliever that can be used on chronic pain and headaches. While it may not work for everyone, it’s generally well-tolerated by most people.
- Relieving Nausea and Vomiting: Another use for CBD is to relieve nausea and vomiting caused by some illnesses. It’s also used to prevent these side effects from occurring in chemotherapy patients.
Where do I buy CBD?
It’s no longer limited to your local head shop. There are thousands of products on the market available online – CBD-rich products are even available in some retail stores!
If you’re interested in trying out CBD, you can purchase THC-free CBD capsule supplements on amazon or a high-quality tincture on the web. You can also make your own CBD by following these easy directions.
Is CBD legal?
Well, in most cases, it is. CBD is widely recognized as a safe substance and is legal in all 50 states. The only caveat is that it is essential to check the CBD laws in your state if you are ordering it through the mail.