The musical ode Elvis honours the legendary performer Elvis Presley through the lens of his long-time manager, Colonel Tom Parker. Since then, it has garnered raving reviews from connoisseurs, fans, and critics for its stirring performances and distinctive soundtrack.
The 2022 Elvis movie follows Elvis Presley, played by Austin Butler, as he’s taken under the wing of his manager, Colonel Tom Parker, played by Oscar winner Tom Hanks, by Oscar-nominated visionary filmmaker Baz Luhrmann. The film chronicles the pop culture icon’s rise from carnival singer to King of Rock ‘n’ Roll to Las Vegas performer, delving into the complicated relationship with his enigmatic manager.
During an exclusive interview with RadioTimes.com, Luhrmann revealed a four-hour version of Elvis is available with him that includes a tonne of priceless uncut material and footage that wasn’t included in the final print released in theatres. He also disclosed that for the script writing, Shakespeare’s approach served as a major influence for him, stating that the film isn’t really a biopic in its traditional sense. “The way Shakespeare takes historical figures and makes a bigger point,” he explained, before boosting why he presented the film from Colonel Tom Parker’s point of view.
Baz Luhrmann is a renowned Hollywood director known for his customary, innovative soundtracks in his productions. Elvis puts a twist on the original classics with Elvis Presley remixes and new songs, creating an impressive and astounding soundtrack.
If you’re a music aficionado just like us, you won’t want to miss this biopic, especially as the film’s soundtrack serves as a massive foundation for the ultimate epic tribute to the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll. It will have you dancing in no time to these exemplary timeless tunes by Elvis Presley along with contemporary fusions and remixes featuring an array of modern mega artists for the likes of Doja Cat, Kacey Musgraves, Eminem and more.
The Elvis soundtrack features a variety of contemporary artists fusing old-school rock with their signature modern twists, creating new tunes. Bet you never imagined Doja Cat and Swae Lee and Diplo sampling Presley’s recordings of “Hound Dog” and “That’s All Right” for their new songs “Vegas,” and “Tupelo Shuffle” respectively. Eminem and CeeLo Green also joined forces for “The King and I,” country queen Kacey Musgraves extended her velvety vocals for “Can’t Help Falling in Love,” and Stevie Nicks and Chris Isaak crooned “Cotton Candy Land.”
Check out the entire soundtrack below:
- “Suspicious Minds (Vocal Intro)” by Elvis Presley
- “Also Sprach Zarathustra/An American Trilogy” by Elvis Presley
- “Vegas” by Doja Cat
- “The King and I” by Eminem and CeeLo Green
- “Tupelo Shuffle” by Swae Lee and Diplo
- “I Got A Feelin’ In My Body” by Elvis Presley and Stuart Price
- “Craw-Fever” by Elvis Presley
- “Don’t Fly Away (PNAU Remix)” by Elvis Presley and PNAU
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Kacey Musgraves
- “Product of the Ghetto” by Elvis Presley and Nardo Wick
- “If I Can Dream” by Måneskin
- “Cotton Candy Land” by Stevie Nicks and Chris Isaak
- “Baby, Let’s Play House” by Austin Butler
- “I’m Coming Home (Film Mix)” by Elvis Presley
- “Hound Dog” by Shonka Dukureh
- “Tutti Frutti” – Les Greene
- “Strange Things Are Happening Every Day” by Yola
- “Hound Dog” by Austin Butler
- “Let It All Hang Out” by Denzel Curry
- “Trouble” by Austin Butler
- “I Got A Feelin’ In My Body” by Lenesha Randolph
- “Edge of Reality (Tame Impala Remix)” by Elvis Presley and Tame Impala
- “Summer Kisses / In My Body” by Elvis Presley
- “’68 Comeback Special (Medley)” by Elvis Presley
- “Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child” by Jazmine Sullivan
- “If I Can Dream (Stereo Mix)”by Elvis Presley
- “Any Day Now” by Elvis Presley
- “Power of My Love” by Elvis Presley and Jack White
- “Vegas Rehearsal / That’s All Right” by Austin Butler and Elvis Presley
- “Suspicious Minds” by Elvis Presley
- “Polk Salad Annie (Film Mix)” by Elvis Presley
- “Burning Love (Film Mix)” by Elvis Presley
- “It’s Only Love” by Elvis Presley
- “Suspicious Minds” by Paravi
- “In the Ghetto (World Turns Remix)” by Elvis Presley feat. Nardo Wick
- “Unchained Melody (Live at Ann Arbor, MI)” by Elvis Presley
You can now witness Elvis’ ingenious soundtrack and staggering movie performances globally! A Baz Luhrmann Film Elvis, distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, is running in theatres in North America from June 24, 2022, and internationally starting from 22 June 2022.
Share your thoughts with us on Twitter at @CelebMix!