After being found unconscious last Tuesday at a brothel Lamar Odom is finally showing signs of progress. The former NBA player was sent into a coma for several days because of a drug overdose. Sources close to Odom revealed last week that he had 50 % chances of surviving.
That has shown to be enough as a source tells E! News that Odom is now awake and able to breathe on his own again. The same source also says that he has passed a swallow test which is a promising sign of neurological function. Although he is on the road to recovery there is still a long way to go. The official word on Odom is that he is “heading in the right direction. This is great progress but there is always the possibility for setbacks.” Odom is still on dialysis because of kidney failure and he has verbal communication problems.
Lamar Odom’s ex Khloé Kardashian has been at his side ever since she found out about the accident and she has remained hopeful about Odom’s condition. Because the two are still legally married Kardashian has been the one making all of the decisions concerning Odom’s health.
The Kardashian/Jenner sisters have put out a statement on their various websites about the situation where they explain that they won’t be on social media during this devastating time. The note says:
“As a family, we’ve decided to hold off on publishing content across our apps while we continue to support and pray for Lamar. Thank you for your kindness and understanding during this difficult time.”
Odom’s two children, Destiny and Lamar Odom Jr., have also made a statement to ET where they ask people to pray for their father. They say: “We are here with our family and friends. We appreciate everyone respecting our privacy at this time.”
We at CelebMix are sending positive thoughts to Lamar and hoping for a quick recovery.