So, your dating life is beginning to bore you. Join the club. You go to the same damn bars and clubs, see the same people, and, even if your date is someone new, the place, the climate, and what goes on is just all the same old thing. It’s time to change things up and make your dating life more memorable and exciting. How do you do this? Read on for some tips that you’ll want to think about.
Surely, You Have Interests Other than Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs
These are the most common dating destinations, and they are wearing pretty thin – that’s no surprise. What else do you do when you’re not working? Or what might you want to do? Take a look at things you might want to do with someone else that will be both memorable and maybe exciting.
Here’s a long list for you to think about – at least several of them should pique your interest and end up giving your date an amazing experience (and certainly raising your attractiveness in that date’s eyes). So have a look-see at all of the possibilities.
Consider Daytime Dates Rather Than Always at Night
There are so many options for dates in the daylight, especially early on in a dating relationship. The goal is to find dating experiences that both of you will enjoy. To do this, you obviously have to have some talk upfront. Together, you can pick the experiences that you want to have. Here are some options:
- Take a segway tour. Don’t know what a segway is? These are those small motorized vehicles that you can rent in mid-to-large cities. And there are actually tours that will take you to all of the sightseeing spots, stopping along the way to explore and eat.
- Go to a street festival, a carnival, or an amusement park. Go on the rides and try your skills at the booths
- Go to a flea market or an auction if you both are into seekers of “treasures”
- For the culturally minded, visit little-known museums, even if you have to take a road trip to do it. You’ll have plenty of time to get to know each other during the drive.
- If you’re close to water, rent a boat, go fishing, or take a day cruise. Again, lots of time to talk and get to know each other
- If you both like wine, visit a vineyard/winery and do a tour and some wine tasting
- If there is a zoo not too far away, go. This can be a day-long experience and wind up with an early dinner at a cozy restaurant where the noise level is low – more time for conversation
- Try online dating apps. This is a way for lots of people to get to know each other before they set up an actual date. It may be especially good for lesbian, gay, or bisexual dating, to make sure that there are real compatibilities. While these apps are not always a completely ideal option for early “dating,” they can provide a good way to “screen” for mutual interests. Do a little research and find out how to have a better online dating experience by choosing the right one for you.
- Do you both have a “cause” that you support? Great. Set up a date of volunteering for that cause – an animal shelter, tutoring kids, working at a soup kitchen or food pantry, etc.
Nighttime Dates that Provide More Fun and Excitement
Bars and clubs are noisy, less intimate environments. If you really want to get to know your date, then consider some of these other options:
- Go to a paint and sip event. You will get a canvas, paint, and your choice of alcoholic beverages. Under the tutelage of an expert artist, you will create your own “masterpiece.”
- Have an escape room experience. Each of you invites another couple, and the six of you reserve an escape room. You can choose the scenario and work together to strategize your “escape.” This will give you the chance to get to know not just your date in a unique environment but also who their friends are – good insights for you.
- Attend a mystery dinner theater. These can be on land or a part of a night cruise. While the food and drinks will be flowing, the problem-solving skills will let both of you get to know each other better.
- Take a haunted house tour. This may require a road trip, but so what? If you are both into certain holidays, this would be a great Halloween activity. As for Christmas, decorate trees at each of your homes. Add some great snacks and your favorite drinks and you have an amazing evening.
- Go to a comedy club or a karaoke night. This may be closer to the bar scene than you may want, but at least there is some purpose to the noisy and fun night other than just drinking and trying to talk above the noise.
Are You In?
It’s time to stand out in the dating scene. Anyone can take a date to a noisy bar, club, or even a restaurant for a date. It’s the creative person who takes a look at other more unique options and becomes the date who offers more fun.