As he gears up to release his fourth studio album, The Search, NF continues to drop new music and videos, giving us taster after taster of what we can expect from the album. Released last Friday was the heart-felt passionate track, “Time”, which will be the last song on the album. It follows up the previously released “When I Grow Up“.
NF, real name Nathan Feuerstein, has been in the music industry for years, but he hit charts around the world in 2017 when “Let You Down” brought him the attention he so clearly deserves. It’s that song that made people tune into his music and allowed his latest album to chart globally too. Now he’s planning on releasing his fourth studio album, and the title song from the album, “The Search”, has already charted all around the world, so it’s clear his new album is going to be successful. “When I Grow Up” followed suit and charted similarly, but this new one, “Time”, is much more commercial and has the potential to be huge.
The new song has been written by Nate Feuerstein and Tommee Profitt, they both also served as the producers of the track. As for the directors of the music video, they were Patrick Tohill and Nathan Feuerstein. This music video is different from his previous recent releases and follows a narrative storyline rather than a performance one.
Watch NF’s Music Video To “Time” Here:
If there’s one thing we can count on from NF, it’s his ability to take his own personal stories and turn them into a song. This one seriously comes from his heart and we get chills just listening to it. NF shows off his vocal capabilities in this track, reminding us of his international viral hit “Let You Down”. It’s so difficult for anyone to open up and talk about how they make others feel, yet NF does just that in his song and admittance is always the first step in being a better person.
The music video takes the concept of the song and inputs it into a brilliant narrative storyline, only it’s not as you would expect. We actually start from the end, as we watch a woman storm out of a house with her bags packed – it’s clear she’s leaving her partner as she can’t cope any more. As soon as the car pulls off, the visual starts to rewind, and we watch their relationship in backwards order, from the fights to them doing the laundry, from moving in together to when they first met. We watch their entire relationship from finish to start, and it’s simply clever and enthralling.
“Time” is available to download and stream right now. His fourth studio album, titled The Search, will be officially released on July 26, 2019.
Don’t miss out on your chance to see NF live on tour at the end of the year. Tickets can be bought on his official website.
The Search Tour Dates:
- SEP 12: Pittsburgh, PA — Stage AE
- SEP 13: Grand Rapids, MI — The DeltaPlex Arena
- SEP 14: Sterling Heights, MI — Michigan Lottery Amphitheater at Freedom Hill
- SEP 15: Columbus, OH — Express Live!
- SEP 17: Philadelphia, PA — The Met Philadelphia
- SEP 18: Wallingford, CT — Oakdale Theatre
- SEP 20: Charlotte, NC — Charlotte Metro Credit Union Amphitheatre
- SEP 21: Raleigh, NC — Red Hat Amphitheater
- SEP 23: Nashville, TN — Marathon Music Works – SOLD OUT
- SEP 24: Nashville, TN — Marathon Music Works
- SEP 26: Louisville, KY — Old Forester’s Paristown Hall
- SEP 27: Fort Wayne, IN — The Clyde Theatre
- SEP 28: Minneapolis, MN — The Armory
- SEP 29: Winnipeg, MB — Burton Cummings Theatre
- OCT 01: Edmonton, AB — Edmonton Convention Centre
- OCT 02: Calgary, AB — Grey Eagle Event Centre
- OCT 03: Vancouver, BC — PNE Forum
- OCT 05: Seattle, WA — WaMu Theater
- OCT 06: Kennewick, WA — Toyota Center Kennewick
- OCT 08: Portland, OR — Moda Center
- OCT 09: Garden City, ID — Revolution Concert House
- OCT 11: Magna, UT — The Great Saltair
- OCT 13: Morrison, CO — Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- OCT 15: Kansas City, MO — Uptown Theater
- OCT 18: Houston, TX — Revention Music Center
- OCT 19: Oklahoma City, OK — The Criterion
- OCT 20: Irving, TX — The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory
- OCT 22: Phoenix, AZ — Comerica Theatre
- OCT 24: Anaheim, CA — House of Blues Anaheim – SOLD OUT
- OCT 25: Anaheim, CA — House of Blues Anaheim – SOLD OUT
- OCT 26: San Jose, CA — San Jose Civic