So much new music was released on Friday that it’s hard to keep up with it all. One of our favourite releases this week was NF’s amazing track and music video, “When I Grow Up”. This release coincides with the rapper making his fourth studio album, The Search, available for pre-order, which will be released on July 26, 2019. This song release follows up the single and music video release of “The Search”.
NF, real name Nathan Feuerstein, has been in the music industry for years, but he hit charts around the world in 2017 when “Let You Down” brought him the attention he so clearly deserves. It’s that song that made people tune into his music and allowed his latest album to chart globally too. Now he’s planning on releasing his fourth studio album, and the title song from the album, titled “The Search”, has already charted all around the world, so it’s clear his new album is going to be successful, and this new track from the album – which is now available to pre-order – is titled “When I Grow Up”, and we’re prepared to state that we love this track even more than “The Search”.
This song has been written by Nate Feuerstein & Tommee Profitt with both songwriters also acting as producers on the track. As for the music video, that has been directed by Patrick Tohill & Nathan Feuerstein. It’s amazing to see this rapper involved in every aspect of his own music, and that easily explains why everything he creates is amazing.
Watch NF’s Music Video For The New Song “When I Grow Up” Here:
Taking it right back to his beginnings of dreaming about becoming a rapper when he grows up, NF stuns us with his catchy track “When I Grow Up”. Lyrically, it’s amazing, he confesses how he’s always wanted to be a rapper rather than go to college or get a typical job and how people doubted he would manage to do that – now look where he is. He also makes lines about starting out in the music industry and how he used to approach people about his rapping. It’s such an inspirational song because he’s an inspirational person, he had this dream that people said he wouldn’t achieve and yet, here he is, at the top of his game.
As for the music video, it starts off with children discussing what they want to be when they grow up, until the last kid – who looks a lot like NF – states that he wants to be a rapper. Fast-forward to adulthood, NF can be seen being a dustbin man, collecting bins from the street and throwing them into the garbage truck. The next scene sees him as a janitor, mopping the hallway. For the next role he becomes a fast food employee, serving in the window and the kitchen; the customer ends up complaining which leads to NF jumping out of the window and onto the car the customer is driving, and later being chased by another employee – possibly the manager or his boss. NF is clearly not afraid to take on these everyday-jobs for the music video; these jobs may even be the jobs his fans are currently working as; rather than be seen above others, NF decides to be seen as equal to his fans – we all have a dream and its down to us whether we make it happen. This isn’t anything new, his music has always been very real, personal, and about his life. NF found success as he never gave up, and this inspiring song and music video just shows that no matter what others say, never give up on what you want to do in life.
We next see him attempting to turn his rap music into a career, performing at a venue with only two attendees, but he shows that hard work pays off as it transitions to a bigger venue with a whole crowd singing his songs back to him – just like he hopes for in the lyrics of the song. The final scene sees him walk off stage and stare at himself in the mirror.
“When I Grow Up” is available to download and stream right now. His next song was subtly hinted in the music video above, where the words “Time” and “7/12/19 Midnight Eastern” can be seen written on a post-it note; so bring on July 12, 2019, we’re so ready for the next song. His album, The Search, will be officially released on July 26, 2019.
According to the description of the video, NF is ready to go out on tour at the end of the year. Tickets can be bought on his official website.
The Search Tour Dates:
- SEP 12: Pittsburgh, PA — Stage AE
- SEP 13: Grand Rapids, MI — The DeltaPlex Arena
- SEP 14: Sterling Heights, MI — Michigan Lottery Amphitheater at Freedom Hill
- SEP 15: Columbus, OH — Express Live!
- SEP 17: Philadelphia, PA — The Met Philadelphia
- SEP 18: Wallingford, CT — Oakdale Theatre
- SEP 20: Charlotte, NC — Charlotte Metro Credit Union Amphitheatre
- SEP 21: Raleigh, NC — Red Hat Amphitheater
- SEP 23: Nashville, TN — Marathon Music Works – SOLD OUT
- SEP 24: Nashville, TN — Marathon Music Works
- SEP 26: Louisville, KY — Old Forester’s Paristown Hall
- SEP 27: Fort Wayne, IN — The Clyde Theatre
- SEP 28: Minneapolis, MN — The Armory
- SEP 29: Winnipeg, MB — Burton Cummings Theatre
- OCT 01: Edmonton, AB — Edmonton Convention Centre
- OCT 02: Calgary, AB — Grey Eagle Event Centre
- OCT 03: Vancouver, BC — PNE Forum
- OCT 05: Seattle, WA — WaMu Theater
- OCT 06: Kennewick, WA — Toyota Center Kennewick
- OCT 08: Portland, OR — Moda Center
- OCT 09: Garden City, ID — Revolution Concert House
- OCT 11: Magna, UT — The Great Saltair
- OCT 13: Morrison, CO — Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- OCT 15: Kansas City, MO — Uptown Theater
- OCT 18: Houston, TX — Revention Music Center
- OCT 19: Oklahoma City, OK — The Criterion
- OCT 20: Irving, TX — The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory
- OCT 22: Phoenix, AZ — Comerica Theatre
- OCT 24: Anaheim, CA — House of Blues Anaheim – SOLD OUT
- OCT 25: Anaheim, CA — House of Blues Anaheim – SOLD OUT
- OCT 26: San Jose, CA — San Jose Civic