1D are insanely busy guys. Not only have they had an album out every year for the past five years they have also done huge world tours to accompany them. But they still find time to give back to charity.
Here are list of some of One Direction’s charitable causes.
1) Action1D campaign where the boys asked you to share what you wanted you ideal world to look like. In September the boys will be releasing a video with your suggestions in.
2) Believe in Magic is supported by both Louis and Harry.” Believe in Magic is a charity that spreads Magic to seriously and terminally ill children, with magical experiences to make their lives happier! The charity was set up by a Meg Bhrani and her Mum Jean, after Meg who is very poorly herself,decided she selflessly wanted to help others.
Louis is hosting a Cinderella ball on Monday 10th August for the charity.
Harry’s Mum Anne has even climbed a mountain to raise money for the charity. Both Harry and Louis have recently wore the charities wristbands on stage during the North American leg of the OTRA tour.
Louis and his Mum have also previously donated £10,000 to the charity so they could host a Princess themed party for a group of children.
Fans can also donate to the Prizeo campaign to raise money for the charity and win the chance of a meet and greet with the band.
3) The Eden Dora Trust is supported by Louis and his family. The charity was created by a little girl named Eden and her parents to raise awareness of Encephalitis and acquired brain injuries. They aim to do this by “Speak”ing.
4) Blue Bell Wood is supported by Louis and his family. It is a hospice which supports children with life limiting conditions . The hospice first opened in 2008 and was founded after the death of a young boy who wanted to avoid the stressful experience that the hospital provided in the last weeks of his life.
Louis and his family have actively supported the work the hospice does for awhile and Louis has even designed a bag which raises funds for the hospice. Louis’s family have also previously taken part in the hospices annual “Colour Dash”.
5) Niamh Next Step is a charity supported by Harry and his family. Niamh Next Step was set up in memory of Niamh who sadly died at just five years old after an 18 month battle with the childhood cancer, Neuroblastoma. The charity aims to help other families fighting childhood cancer and to raise money to fund vital research into neuroblastoma which is not currently funded by the NHS or the UK Government.
Every year they host a fundraising ball. This year they auctioned off a VIP trip to see One Direction at the 02 Arena in London on Sat 26th Sept 2015 which was very kindly organised by Harry Styles mum Anne exclusively for Niamh’s Next Step.
6) Trestock is a charity supported by the whole band, but prominently Liam and Harry. Trestock “is committed to understanding and supporting their needs, so that no young adult has to face cancer alone.”
Both Harry and Liam fronted a campaign for the charity to raise awareness and designed a bracelet to raise money for them. Last year Liam also hosted a “Great Gatsby” themed ball, which was attended by Louis and Niall as well.
7) Comic Relief is regularly supported by the band. In 2013 they travelled to Ghana to see how money raised was spent. They also donated all the proceeds from their single “One Way or Another to the charity.
8) Make A Wish is supported by the whole band. They regularly meet young people supported by the charity backstage at their shows. The charity helps to grant the wishes of young people with life limiting and terminal conditions.
9) Rays of Sunshine is a charity supported by the whole band. The band regularly host events for the charity which was created in 2003 to “brighten the lives of children who are living with serious or life-limiting illnesses, between the ages of 3-18, across the United Kingdom.”
Here are a couple of writes ups of the band supporting Rays of Sunshine.
10) Children In Need is supported by the whole band they regularly perform on the annual fundraiser. This year the boys have teamed up with the charity to help co-write a children’s book with a host of other celebrities. You can pre-order the book here: http://www.bookdepository.com/Curious-Tale-Fi-Rex-One-Direction/9781910884003
11) Stand Up To Cancer ,The whole band supported this by donating 50p from every ticket sold on their “Where We Are ” tour in 2014. They raised over 600K for the charity. They have also previously lent support by offering competitions to win meet and greets. SUTC is “is a groundbreaking initiative created to accelerate innovative cancer research that will get new therapies to patients quickly and save lives now.”