Sheryl Crow has unveiled the tracklist and cover art for her forthcoming album of collaborations, Threads.
The album, which is due for release on August 30, includes the previously released ‘Prove You Wrong’ featuring Stevie Nicks and Maren Morris. Other collaborators include Chris Stapleton, Bonnie Raitt and Willie Nelson.
Speaking about the project, she said: “I became inspired to record an album of musical experiences with the legacy artists who inspired me to want to be a great songwriter, musician, and producer. It is a celebration with them, and a tribute to them.
“Just as importantly, I wanted to work with younger artists on this record, who I believe will pick up the torch and continue to light the way for humanity with their stories and their songs for many years to come. Their music inspires me every day.”
- ‘Prove You Wrong’ ft. Stevie Nicks & Maren Morris
- ‘Live Wire’ ft. Bonnie Raitt & Mavis Staples
- ‘Tell Me When It’s Over’ ft. Chris Stapleton
- ‘Story Of Everything’ ft. Chuck D, Andra Day & Gary Clark Jr.
- ‘Beware Of Darkness’ ft. Eric Clapton, Sting & Brandi Carlile
- ‘Redemption Day’ ft. Johnny Cash
- ‘Cross Creek Road’ ft. Lukas Nelson (digital/physical) / ft. Margo Price (vinyl)
- ‘Everything Is Broken’ ft. Jason Isbell
- ‘The Worst’ ft. Keith Richards
- ‘Lonely Alone’ ft. Willie Nelson
- ‘Border Lord’ ft. Kris Kristofferson
- ‘Still The Good Old Days’ ft. Joe Walsh
- ‘Wouldn’t Want To Be Like You’ ft. St. Vincent
- ‘Don’t’ ft. Lucius
- ‘Nobody’s Perfect’ ft. Emmylou Harris
- ‘Flying Blind’ ft. James Taylor
- ‘For The Sake Of Love’ ft. Vince Gill
Additionally, Sheryl has released the music for ‘Still The Good Old Days’ featuring Joe Walsh. Speaking about the song, she said: “’Still The Good Old Days’ totally captures what Joe and I believe about getting older…that life is still fun no matter what stage of life you are at, and that living isn’t just for the young.”
Threads is available to pre-order now.