It’s a big reveal day for Felly today as he drops his awesome new single, titled “Free Love”, as well as announces a 23-date North American Spring tour. This follows up his 2022 album “Bad Radio“.
Felly, real name Christian Felner, is an LA-based rapper, singer-songwriter, musician, and producer. He grew up in Connecticut and discovered a variety of artists thanks to his siblings and step-family. At the age of 13, he began making beats on an MPC500 which inspired a new-found creativity within him, five years after his father passed away when he was just 8 years old. He then launched a YouTube channel which saw him grow his following building a dedicated fan base. Moving to LA to study music at the University of Southern California, Felly met Gyyps and Jake Standley who quickly formed a collective known as 2273 Records, the name of which was inspired by the dorm room number where they collaborated on music together. Felly went on to release a series of mixtapes and EPs, before dropping his debut album, titled “Surf Trap”, in 2018 on Sony Records. He followed that up with “Mariposa” in 2020, and then later dropped “Young Fel 2” the following year on 300 Entertainment. Last year saw him releasing music as an independent artist, writing, recording, playing, and producing the music that he wants, recreating his creativity with the intention of releasing music that sounds like the sort of music he listens to, and this is where his latest album, “Bad Radio”, came from. Now he’s starting a brand new era, with “Free Love” as the first single.
Written by Felly, Jason Strong, and Sol Was, whilst the latter two songwriters also produced the track, according to Spotify, “Free Love” is a gorgeous spiritual aura track filled with acoustic guitar riffs, rhythmic drum beats, and addictive trumpet chords which all mix brilliantly with Felly’s silky smooth vocals. Soulful from the get-go, Felly is clearly passionate about the song as he delves deep into the lyrics that paint a picture of positive energy and pure love in all its forms. Felly brings a vibe we’ve all been needing with this super unforgettable song that is set to spread good vibes only to everyone who needs it. That “Free Love” California summer chorus is permanently stuck in our heads and is bringing the summer sun right to us – sunshine always brings out the best in people.
“‘Free Love’, my newest drop, is an attempt to sonically open up the hearts of the world,” Felly says of the song. “I wanted to repurpose the phrase and bring it a new context. The world is in a dark place right now, and to me, it could use a dose of positive energy. We’ve learned much from our past 60 years in America, but still aren’t too learned in the ways to love each other. I’m still learning what it means and how to walk in it. How to take responsibility but also honor our needs to be forgiving and to love in the present moment.”
Stream “Free Love” by Felly on Spotify here:
“Free Love”, by Felly, is available to download and stream across all platforms, right now, via 2273 records. On top of the release of the single, he has also announced a 23-date North American tour in promotion of his latest music. He will start his tour on April 13 in Seattle, WA at The Crocodile and wrap it up on May 24 in Los Angeles, CA at the Lodge Room. Tickets are available from his official website.
- Apr 13 – Seattle, WA – The Crocodile
- Apr 14 – Portland, OR – Holocene
- Apr 16 – San Francisco, CA – Great American Music Hall
- Apr 9 – San Diego, CA – Voodoo Room
- Apr 20 – Phoenix, AZ – Crescent Ballroom
- Apr 21 – Santa Fe, NM – Meow Wolf
- Apr 23 – Austin, TX – Antones
- Apr 25 – Atlanta, GA – Masquerade Hell
- Apr 26 – Nashville, TN – Basement East
- Apr 28 – Brooklyn, NY – Music Hall of Williamsburg
- Apr 29 – Asbury Park, NJ – House of Independence
- Apr 30 – Boston, MA – Sinclair
- May 2 – Chicago, IL – Lincoln Hall
- May 4 – Lawrence, Ks – Bottleneck
- May 5 – Denver, CO – Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom
- May 6 – Salt Lake City, UT – The Complex
- May 8 – Billings, MT – Pub Station
- May 9 – Boise, ID – The Shredder
- May 11 – Arcata, CA – Arcata Theatre
- May 12 – Sacramento, CA – The Starlet Room
- May 13 – Felton, CA – Felton Music Hall
- May 14 – San Luis Obispo, CA – Strummers
- May 24 – Los Angeles, CA – Lodge Room