These brothers have been on-form lately, OBB have seriously become a trio to keep your eyes on as they go from strength to strength with every new release. Their latest single release, “Close By”, was officially released on 3 May 2019, following up the awesome track “7 Billion“. Now, we have a joyous music video for the heart-feels track.
For those of you who are wondering who OBB are; well, they are a boy band trio consisting of the Oswald brothers, Zach, Jacob, and Nich. They are currently building up their careers, having reached millions of people just last year with the release of “Sweater” and “Mona Lisa”, as well as their debut EP, titled Is This A Thing. The songs, of which, have been featured on Radio Disney, a Google Chromebook commercial, and a Dude Perfect YouTube video. We even managed to interview the boys about their EP, last year. They’re gaining fans with every release of new music, and this “7 Billion” track shows off their artistry brilliantly, which we also managed to interview them about.
The song has been written by Clare Reynolds, Dave Audé, Jacob Oswald, Jason Robinson, Nicholas Oswald, and Zachary Oswald, whilst it was produced by Dave Audé. It’s an addicting track that truly shows off their feelings of missing their partners when they go out on tour. It’s highly relatable to people in a similar situation or for people who are in long-distance relationships. It’s more of a ballad in comparison to the loved-up pop track, “7 Billion” and yet both of them relate to each other perfectly, showcasing the direction of their new project, could we have a love album on its way?
As for the new music video, which was released a couple of days ago, it has a retro feel to it. They purposely added in grainy effects to bring nostalgia and home movie feelings, suggesting the band are looking back on these wonderful memories. Throughout the visual, we see scenes of each member of OBB spending time with their partners at events, dates, and entertainment venues. The clip spreads joy and happiness to what could be considered a teary emotional track.
Watch OBB’s Music Video For “Close By” Here:
“Close By” is available to download and stream right now, via Curb Records.
The music video release coincides with OBB’s nationwide summer tour which kicks off on July 25 in Pennsylvania and wraps up on September 14 in Nevada. Tickets are available to buy now, so don’t miss out on your chance to see this awesome brother trio.
- July 25 – Scranton, PA at Stage West
- July 27 – Harrisonburg, VA at Golden Pony
- July 28 – Raleigh, NC at Pour House
- Aug 14 – Chicago, IL at IL Institute of Technology
- Aug 15 – Chicago, IL at The Beat Kitchen
- Aug 17 – Minneapolis, MN at Studio B
- Aug 20 – Kansas City, MO at Riot Room
- Aug 21 – Cincinnati, OH at Tin Roof
- Aug 22 – Indianapolis, IN at Tin Roof
- Aug 23 – Springfield, IL at Univ. of Illinois
- Aug 24 – St. Louis, MO at Frontbonne Univ.
- Aug 25 – Yorkville, IL at Law Office Pub & Music Hall
- Aug 26 – Champaign, IL at Univ. of Illinois Urbana
- Aug 28 – Columbus, OH at Woodlands Tavern
- Aug 29 – Cleveland, OH at Cleveland State
- Aug 30 – Millvale, PA at Mr. Smalls The Funhouse
- Sept 5 – Wichita, KS at Wichita State
- Sep 12 – Greeley, CO at Moxi Theater
- Sep 13 – Denver, CO at Marquis
- Sep 14 – Las Vegas, NV at Bite of Las Vegas