Effective listening is one of Jonas Muthoni’s greatest secrets that propelled him to exponential success, as it enabled him to become a master marketer. As the youngest of six children raised by a single mother, Jonas has a deep appreciation for the effort required to triumph against adversity. His rise to prominence was catalyzed by his dedication to forging lasting connections and perfecting creative excellence.
When it comes to making an impact and inspiring other fresh start-ups to follow in his footsteps, nothing beats the combination of leadership and giving best-in-class outcomes, which is exactly what he does as the Founder and CEO of Deviate Agency. “In order to create these results, your values are the number one key. “Be aware of them and build a team culture around them,” he advises.
Jonas’ innovative hiring strategy has helped him consistently wow his patrons, who sing his praises. His strategy: “I want to create a culture where my people don’t see me as their boss but more as their team member.” By doing this, I have one of the most diverse teams in the world. What I wanted was to hire people who were much smarter than me. I want to hire people who are going to teach me something, not the other way around.”
In this episode of The Rhonda Swan Show, Jonas elaborates on the significance of business partnerships, shares some of the things he’s learned about the importance of having contracts and discusses how he was able to turn Deviate into a referral-based agency that generates all of its business from word of mouth.
These four pillars are the foundation on which he built his success:
- It’s important to learn to live with some degree of fear, as it’s always going to be there.
- This is not going to be an easy path. Therefore you must have perseverance. The possibilities of humanity are endless. It is simply about what price you are willing to give to get that potential, and what are the things that you are willing to give up that are more personal gratification.”
- Every entrepreneur needs a team to succeed.
- Harness the energy of:
- a) Building a competent team
- b) Ensure that you recognize your team’s contributions
- c) Be open to the outcomes and not undermine what you want the most!
- d) Doing work you enjoy is essential. “If you love it, you will never not love a day of work in your life.”
- Become well-versed in the techniques necessary to become a stellar leader: It’s necessary to take things slowly, get some guidance from an experienced person, put pride aside, absorb advice, and grow from the experience.
- Use your special charisma and make your presence known: You’ll stand out from the crowd thanks to your unique vibe, so own it and use it to draw in your people.
Incorporating these pillars of wisdom, Jonas and his team are guiding countless clients to the promised land of predictable traffic, utilizing long-term methodologies for SEO and long-term strategies that yield constant traffic to their respected websites. By revealing the necessary stepping stones that are part of the current business fabric, leaders like Jonas are revolutionizing the industry.