The Lowry Theatre in Salford has launched a mass creative writing activity entitled ‘A Letter of Hope to a Stranger’.
‘A Letter of Hope to a Stranger’ is a creative writing activity that the theatre hope will help to spread hope and joy to others in the uncertain times we are all currently facing.
Now more than ever it is important that we cultivate an attitude of hope, it can make a huge difference to how we respond to challenges-it motivates us to get out of bed and to live our lives.
It costs nothing to be kind to others, just like it costs nothing to take part in this activity and it gives you something to do if you are struggling to fill your time. It’s really easy to take part in.
All you need to do is:
• Find a quiet place to write your letter
• Take a deep breath and plant your feet on the ground
And begin to write. If writings not your thing you can even record a video!
The Lowry have even put together some hints and tips if you’re finding it hard to start your letter or video.
• Take a moment to listen carefully to the sounds around you
• Notice your heartbeat
• What makes you smile?
• Is there an object, a space or a room in your house which brings you joy? Can you describe it?
• Can you remember a time when you felt full of joy and hope; if so can you describe that moment? How did it feel?
• Can you recount a childhood memory that fills you with joy? Can you describe the memory, what are the smells, sounds and colours of the memory?
• What would you say to a stranger to give them comfort and hope for the future?
You can also add anything you like to the letter, illustrations, notes, poems or words to fill it with positivity. Once your done, sign the letter and send it to GetCreative@thelowry.com (if you’ve handwritten the letter take a photo of it.)
Let us know at @CelebMix if you plan to take part!