TikTok of numerous celebs and influencers has boomed featuring sea moss supplements. The wellness trend was started by Kim Kardashian and became a real hit. You will see today’s football stars and beauty-industry celebs including sea moss in their smoothies.
Let’s get down to what causes the wave of hype around organic Irish moss and whether you should also begin taking it seriously.
What is this seaweed?
Sea moss is a type of Red Algae called Chondurs Crispus and it is incredibly popular for its benefits. It’s a sea vegetable harvested on the rocky bays of North and South America, Japan, the Philippines, and the Caribbean.
Sea moss is highly accessible, and you can even find famous brands like True Sea Moss selling moss products in a diverse selection of forms and tastes, so even your kids will like it.
Why is it so trendy?
The fame of sea moss stems from the number of nutrients it has — which is around 92 — including Iron, potassium, magnesium, vitamins B, E, D, A, C, phosphorus, taurine, and nutrients like carrageenan and collagen.
Besides the benefits of sea moss for health and mood, it is also low-calorie, especially if you buy sea moss products without added sugar.
Why are celebs driven crazy about sea moss?
Shoutout to the mind-blowing diversity of nutrients, sea moss can benefit your life a lot. Here are the key reasons for people with active and holistic lifestyles to eat it.
- Gives you energy. With a load of Iodine and Iron, sea moss makes you feel super energized. Sea moss allows for an easy wake-up and focus throughout the day.
- Recovers you faster. Packed with taurine, magnesium, potassium, and fatty acids, sea moss soothes the inflammation in your muscles after workouts, helping you get in good shape way faster.
- Boosts your immunity. Sea moss is a host for antioxidants and vitamins like C, D, and E — the key promoters of your stronger immunity. Regular use of sea moss makes you resistant to pathogens.
- Cleans your skin. Many use sea moss for skin as it boosts the production of collagen. Sea moss also provides hydration to your skin and also hair, making them less vulnerable. By strengthening your skin barrier, sea moss can efficiently eliminate acne and pimples.
- Keeps you motivated. With the help of powerful Omega-3, sea moss helps you fight off depression and apathy, returning self-confidence and desire to go and get. By boosting the production of serotonin — the hormone of happiness — sea moss can naturally uplift your mood, and enhance your sleep and wellbeing.
Sea moss vitamins benefits have been seen to affect everyone in their own way. Sea moss can treat digestion issues, relieve inflammation, and prevent diabetes.
However, it’s seaweed, some people may be allergic to it and therefore should check up with their physician before starting to use Irish moss.
How to consume sea moss?
The ease of use and adjustability of sea moss is another reason why it is widespread among celebrities. Sea moss doesn’t only suit smoothies and shakes, though. Despite Irish sea moss powder being an incredibly popular option for gym enthusiasts, there is a variety of ways to use it.
- Sea moss gel is a wondrous addition to your oatmeal, morning coffee, salad dressing, or even toast spread. Flavored sea moss tastes great on its own.
- Sea moss powder is really good for beverages and cocktails. You can try to add it to a Japanese morning-coffee recipe for digestion: mix butter, black coffee, and a teaspoon of sea moss powder or gel.
- Sea moss gummies and pills are easy to store, and you can take them with you to your office.
- Wildcrafted sea moss if previously soaked in the water, can be added as an ingredient to your soup, salad, rice, or even sushi.
You can take sea moss before going to bed to enhance your sleep and ensure an easy wake-up, or take two teaspoons (10 g) in the morning to boost your energy and mood.
Sea moss earned the favor of TikTok influencers, models, actors, and famous athletes, but in the face of being an “elite” product, sea moss is accessible to everyone. If you’re looking to get a skin of a movie star, fix your metabolism, and start feeling energized, you might consider following the sea moss trend and see where it leads you!