On September 23/24, Showmasters Events will be bringing Film & Comic Con to Cardiff. With just a few days to go before this exciting weekend, we’ve pulled together all the information you need to know!
What is Film & Comic Con Cardiff?
Film & Comic Con Cardiff (FCCC) is a two-day event which brings some of your favourite TV, Film and Comic stars to one place. There’ll be opportunities to see your favourite stars up close during panels, and you can also meet them through the photo shoot and autograph sessions. There’ll also be Retro Video Gaming, Cosplay Masquerade and hundreds of stalls full of TV and Film Memorabilia for you to browse. The event is suitable for guests of all ages and fandoms, as there’s truly something for everyone!
When and where is Film & Comic Con Cardiff?
FCCC takes place at Cardiff’s Motorpoint Arena on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th September. Located in the capital’s centre, the Motorpoint Arena is very easy to find. The St David’s Shopping Centre car park is a couple of minutes away, and it’s also easy to get to from the train and bus station.
Here are the easiest ways of getting to the Arena, according to the FCCC website.
By Road – From the west: Leave the M4 motorway at Junction 33 A4232. Follow signs for Cardiff Docks, then use map below into the city centre. From the east: Leave the M4 motorway at Junction 29. Follow map shown into city centre.
By Rail – On the Main South Wales to London railway line – alight at Cardiff Central Station. From the Valleys, alight at Cardiff Queen Street Station. The Arena is just a few minutes walk from both stations.
By Bus – The Motorpoint Arena Cardiff is just a few minutes walk from Cardiff Central Bus Station.
By air – Cardiff International Airport is only 20mins drive from the city centre, with scheduled flights available from the UK and many European cities
Maps – Click Here to find the Arena on a map.
What times do doors open?
Doors are open for standard tickets between 11am and 6pm on both days. However, if you’ve got an early entry ticket then you can venture in from 9am.
Whilst you can buy tickets on the day, you can buy your tickets now in advance! Tickets are available here.
Standard entry price: £8 + £1 booking fee
Early entry price: £15 + £1 booking fee
Child entry: £4 + £1 booking fee
Family standard entry (2 adults and 2 children): £20 + £1 booking fee
Weekend standard entry: £14 + £1 booking fee
Weekend early entry: £28 + £1 booking fee
Weekend Gold pass: £145 + £1 booking fee
Gold Pass includes numerous benefits:
- Early entry to the show for all opening days.
- As you do not need virtual queuing tickets you will not need to queue from early in the morning to guarantee meeting your favourite guests.
- Talk Tickets Gold pass holders will get free seats at all standard free or paid for talks taking place during show open hours. (Exceptions will be for any talks that are considered additional promotional/event activity or guests that we may have to exclude for film promotion purposes or other reasons. This could include sponsored talks or exclusive event content.)
- Priority seating will also be given to Gold Pass holders who will be able to enter the seating area before the main queue.
- Autograph Priority Gold Pass Holders will have the advantage of being ABLE TO JOIN THE BACK OF ANY REGULAR QUEUE WITHOUT HAVING A VIRTUAL QUEUING TICKET! This will cut down your overall waiting time incredibly, and allows a great deal more to be done over the weekend. Please note: Autograph tickets are not included in the gold pass. These will need to be purchased separately.
- Photo Session Priority Gold Pass Holders will be given priority queuing at the photo sessions! This means you will either be called up first if you arrive at the beginning of the photo session, or will be able to join the back of a smaller queue if the photo session is being called up in batches.
- You will receive a £5 voucher to be used on a prop or green screen photo shoot at the event. (Please note: photo sessions tickets are not included in the Gold Pass. These can be purchased online or on the day at the Sales Desk subject to availability)
- Exclusive Gold Pass Autograph Pack – We will be offering a pack of 5 autographs (from a category of your choice for TV shows/Movies). These autographs will be from guests who have visited our events previously.
Who are the guests?
A number of guests have already been confirmed, spanning shows and films such as Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, Star Wars, and The Vampire Diaries. Here’s who’ll be attending on either Saturday, Sunday or both days.
Colin Baker – Doctor Who
John Leeson – Doctor Who
Joseph Marcell – Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Kit Hillier – Star Wars
Natalie Mendoza – The Descent, Blood Drive, Moulin Rouge
Ross O’Hennessy – Game of Thrones
Tony Guilding – Star Wars
William Thomas – Doctor Who, Torchwood, Gavin and Stacey
Caspar Zafer – The Vampire Diaries, The Originals
Dean S. Jagger – Game of Thrones, Legends of Tomorrow
Ian Durrant – Star Wars
Robert Nairne – Penny Dreadful, Star Wars TFA
Wilf Scolding – Game of Thrones
Saturday and Sunday
Anthony Forrest – Star Wars
Jeremy Bulloch – Star Wars
Jodi Lyn O’Keefe – Prison Break, The Vampire Diaries
Staz Nair – Game of Thrones, Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let’s Do the Time Warp Again
Sylvester McCoy – Doctor Who
Wai Ching Ho – Daredevil, Iron Fist
How can I meet my favourite star?
Fans are able to purchase autograph or photo shoot opportunities in order to make their day one to remember. These can be purchased in advance here or on the day. All of the guests will be holding signings, with prices ranging from £10-£20. A selection of the guests will be taking part in the photo shoot, with prices starting from £10. A price guide is available here, and a timetable will be available before the event.
What else is there to see and do at Film & Comic Con Cardiff?
There is PLENTY on offer throughout the day! As well as the autograph and photo shoot sessions, fans will be able to witness a number of free talks throughout the weekend. Full timetable details will be released this week, but the following names have been confirmed to do talks.
There’s also a cosplay zone and video gaming zone, in addition to bundles of merchandise available for purchase! With aisles full of collective TV/movie merch, outfits, toys and much more, we guarantee you won’t be leaving empty handed!
For more information, head to the Film & Comic Con Cardiff website.
We’re so excited to check out what Film & Comic Con Cardiff has to offer next weekend! Let us know if you’re going – get in touch via Twitter @CelebMix