No more crying for O’Brien: Dylan is reportedly well on the road to recovery after being seriously injured while filming last month.
“He’s healing very well,” his Maze Runner: The Death Cure co-star Giancarlo Esposito told E! News. “He got put together a couple weeks ago…he’s one tough cookie.”
O’Brien was hospitalized a couple weeks ago after an accident while filming The Death Cure in Vancouver, Canada. According to a report obtained by E! News from WorkSafeBC, the actor fell after a motorcycle slide stunt went wrong and he “struck his head on the pavement and temporarily lost consciousness,” causing him to suffer a “concussion, facial fracture and lacerations”.
Fans, friends, and co-workers alike were deeply saddened by the unfortunate event. Hashtags such as #PrayForDylan and #WeLoveYouDylan trended on Twitter, while many reached out to him online.
— Wes Ball (@wesball) March 19, 2016
“It’s been a whirlwind of emotions,” tweeted Maze Runner director Wes Ball. “But ultimately I find myself left with just a deep love and respect for Dylan. He is one tough cookie.”
Filming for The Death Cure, the highly anticipated third installment of the Maze Runner trilogy, was shut down after O’Brien’s accident. However, Esposito, who plays Jorge in the film, said they are planning to resume on May 15.
O’Brien certainly “got his bell rung, [and] I would imagine many who witnessed thought that was it,” added Esposito. “[But] he’s a survivor. The one good thing about Dylan that I think is going to help him get back on schedule with us very soon is he has a great attitude.”
We definitely agree. We love you, Dylan, and we wish you a speedy recovery!
Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below or tweeting us @CelebMix!