Surprising INNA’s fans all around the world – known as Club Rockers – ELLE Magazine dropped an episode of Song Association on their YouTube Channel with the biggest Romanian female singer in the world, INNA. This ELLE episode of Song Association was part of season two of their YouTube series.
INNA is in good company as season two of this YouTube series has seen the likes of Zara Larsson, Nicole Scherzinger, Meghan Trainor, Julia Michaels, Ally Brooke, and more taking on the song association challenge. However, as many have stated, INNA’s words were pretty difficult, with many of them being in Spanish; when compared to the other videos in the series, INNA certainly had it tough, and yet she still managed to knock it out of the park.
The rules of the game are as follows, the singer is given a word and they have ten seconds to sing a line containing that word from any song that they can think of. Every time they do just that, they get a point. A total of 15 words are given to them. INNA scored 13/15, missing out on the words “Wow” and “Por Favor”.
Here are all the words INNA was given, and the songs she sang, with links to Spotify so you can play the original tracks:
- Dream – INNA sang her own song “Dream About The Ocean“
- Dance – INNA sang Lady Gaga’s “Just Dance” featuring Colby O’Donis
- Gasolina – INNA sang Daddy Yankee’s “Gasolina“
- Win – INNA sang DJ Khalid’s “All I Do Is Win” featuring T-Pain, Ludacris, Rick Ross & Snoop Dogg
- Sin – INNA sang Kendrick Lamar’s “B*tch, Don’t Kill My Vibe“
- Electric – INNA sang Eddy Grant’s “Electric Avenue“
- Macarena – INNA sang Los Del Rio’s “Macarena“
- Por Favor – *Skipped* she should’ve sung Pitbull & Fifth Harmony’s “Por Favor“
- Wow – *Skipped* she should’ve sung her own song “Wow“
- Party – INNA sang P!nk’s “Get This Party Started“
- Play – INNA sang Jennifer Lopez’s “Play“
- Sun – INNA sang her own song “Sun Is Up“
- Minute – INNA sang Madonna’s “4 Minutes” featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland
- Caliente – INNA sang her own song “Caliente“
- Mi Gente – INNA sang J Balvin & Willy William’s “Mi Gente” featuring Beyoncé
She did cheat a little bit here and there but she did check to make sure they counted, since “Sin” isn’t technically “Sinner”, she really should’ve sung her own song “Sin Ti” – which she released recently, and “Minute” isn’t technically “Minutes”, but considering the difficulty, especially with the Spanish words where there was only one possible answer, we’re glad they let them slide.
INNA certainly had plenty of chances to sing her own songs, she’s released over 100 songs to date, but we like how she came up with other songs by other artists. She also stated that P!nk is one of her “favourite artists in the whole world”, and she also paid homage to Daddy Yankee calling him “King Daddy”.
Other notable parts of the video is that she sang songs by artists she has collaborated with in the past. She sang Daddy Yankee’s “Gasolina” who she has collaborated with twice – he featured on her song “More Than Friends” and then featured on her collaboration with Alexandra Stan “We Wanna“. Her final song was J Balvin & Willy William’s “Mi Gente” and she’s collaborated with J Balvin, previously, where he featured on her song “Cola Song“. We’re sad she didn’t sing Pitbull & Fifth Harmony’s “Por Favor” as she has previously featured on Pitbull’s awesome track “All The Things“, and he featured on her catchy song “Good Time“.
Watch INNA Take On ELLE’s Song Association Game Here:
For those of you who are wondering who INNA is, well; her real name Elena Apostoleanu and she is one of the biggest Romanian female artists around at the moment, having gone on to have international success with her early singles such as “Hot”, “Amazing”, and “Sun Is Up”. She continued her success with a variety of singles that have hit over 100 million views on YouTube including “Ruleta“, “Gimme Gimme“, and “Heaven“. She has collaborated with some of the biggest artists and DJs including Flo Rida, Pitbull, J Balvin, Daddy Yankee, Martin Solveig, Sak Noel, and Dannic, to name a few. She’s currently gearing up to release her sixth studio album, where she’s taken creative control. Recently, she’s released “RA”, “Iguana”, “Sin Ti”, and “Tu Manera” which are all from her upcoming sixth studio album, which will be her first album completely in Spanish. Describing the album in our exclusive interview, she used these five words: “Sensitive, YO, artsy, real, love.”