If you’re anything like us, you’re using these last few hours before the big game to search healthy but tasty recipes that can be done at the last minute. Not at all because we’ve been procrastinating, just because..life comes up. That sounds reasonable, right? While the Superbowl happens around the same time every single year, we still have a lot going on in our own lives which makes preparation hard sometimes. Not to fear, though, we did some digging and spoke with an incredible woman – and life, wellness, and weight loss coach named Liz Josefsberg. She gave us tips to eating well, even on game day, and how to make those new years resolutions last.
Liz’s weight loss journey started with herself, after years of yo-yo dieting and being unable to keep weight off with the ‘drop pounds quick’ methods. She made a life choice to better her health, she then moved to helping the stars – names like Jennifer Hudson and Jessica Simpson are two of her most famous clients. We were thrilled to get to speak to her and hope you enjoy these tips, not just today, but every day.
Here’s Liz’s wing recpie – trust us, there’s still time to make it happen before the game!
Liz’s Awesome Baked Chicken Wings
The magic component of these wings is to marinate them for a couple of hours in the fridge in Bolthouse Farms Yogurt based Ranch dressing! It adds an extra layer of flavor and makes them crisp up on the outside while super tender on the inside!! My family can not get enough!
Makes 30 wings
1-2 tablespoon salted butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
1/3 cup hot pepper sauce (Like Frank’s or Chulula)
30 organic chicken wings, drumettes, and flats separated
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ to ¾ of a bottle of Bolthouse Farms Ranch Dressing for marinating
1. Season wings by tossing them first with the oil, kosher salt, and pepper
2. Place wings in a large bowl or Ziplock bag covered in Bolthouse Farms Ranch Dressing. Let sit for an hour or more.
3. When ready Preheat oven to 400°F.
4. Set a wire rack inside or on top of 1 large rimmed baking sheet. *Take a look at my photo. The suspended extra wire rack helps gets the wings super crispy.
5. Mix all buffalo sauce ingredients in a medium bowl except hot sauce; let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in hot sauce; keep warm.
6. Toss marinated wings in sauce to coat.
7. Set wings on top of prepared racks and spread out in a single layer.
8. Bake wings until cooked through and skin is crispy, 45–50 minutes.
Serve with a trio of Bolthouse Farms Blue Cheese, Ranch and Salsa Ranch Dressings for dipping and lots of carrots and celery too (of course, gotta have a veggie with that!)
If you try Liz’s recipe, Tweet us and let us know how it turns out, and enjoy the game, or the commercials, or the half-time show – there’s something for everyone!