December 2 was a day of music releases. While Grace Vanderwaal released her EP “Imperfectly Perfect”, Tyler Oakley released his compilation album “Holiday Jams”.
The Christmas compilation was released through Heard Well label. The label co-owned by YouTuber and an entrepreneur Connor Franta brings out music compilations by social media stars. So far, the label has released a total of 18 compilation albums.
These albums are not empty endeavors. As reported by Billboard, they have impacted the charts reaching “top 10 on the Compilation Albums and Top Dance/Electronic Albums tallies.”
Holiday Jams is Oakley’s second compilation album. The YouTube star released his first compilation Pride Jams in June this year to celebrate LGBTQ+Pride Month and to help raise money for the Trevor Project organization.
Oakley announced the release of the album on Twitter,
— tyler oakley (@tyleroakley) December 2, 2016
In an email conversation with Billboard, Oakley explained the concept and song selection for the new compilation album. He said, “Christmas music is one of the only genres that resurges once a year, with the same songs, every year. “Very rarely does a new song get added to the classics, and from November to December, radio stations redefine overkill. For Holiday Jams, I wanted to curate a playlist of underplayed, and often unknown songs, from lesser known artists, that are perfect for eggnog and opening presents by the fireplace.”
As reported by Billboard, below is the full tracklist for the album:
- “Very Merry Christmas” by David Barnes
- “The First Snow Flake” by The Boy Least Likely To
- “This Christmas Song” by The Raveonettes
- “Space Christmas” by Allo Darlin’
- “The White Season” by Still Corners
- “Maybe This Christmas” by Ron Sexsmith
- “Just Like Christmas” by Low
- “Walking in the Air” by Mimicking Birds
- “Holly Jolly Hollywood” by The Wedding Present
- “Christmas TV” by Slow Club
- “O Come All Ye Faithfull” by Alex Newell
- “Snowy” by Josh Rouse
So, are you excited? Did you get a chance to listen to the tracks? Tell us, @CelebMix .