Welcome to our CelebMix Crush series. Here, you’ll find a number of profiles of our favourite celebrities with some fun facts, photos, and reasons that make us love them so much. You’ll see your favourites in music, film, television, fashion, and those who just have general ‘star power’ – there are plenty to be admired. They’ll be talented, passionate, kind, and of course – easy on the eyes.
American country singer Hunter Hayes rose to fame in 2011 when he released his self-titled first studio album. Although Hunter broke into the music industry in 2011, his music career in fact started when he was much younger. At the age of two he received an accordion from his Grandmother and by four was performing on TV.
Since the start of his career he has released a further two albums, Storyline and The 21 Project. Storyline was Hunters’ second album to hit number one on the US Country Chart after its release in 2014. The 21 Project was made up of 3 discs, with a studio recording, acoustic and live version of each song.
As well as this, Hunter has released several singles over the years, including “Wanted” and “I Want Crazy”. Lately, he has been working on his fourth studio album which we hope will be out later this year.
Hunter is filled will passion for what he does and there is a whole list of reasons why Haniacs love him. Here are some of our favourites:
Hunters meet and greets are some of the best in the industry. Known as the ‘Coffee House Experience’, Hunter creates a relaxed environment with plenty of coffee and cake to go around. Fans are encouraged to sit in groups and get to know each other. Also, Hunter takes the time to chat with everyone, before giving fans an individual photo opportunity. If you ever get the chance, we highly recommend getting tickets to meet Hunter, as it is a chance to make some great friends. It is also an experience you will never forget.
Another reason we love Hunter is because of his incredible live performances. He is someone who pours his heart and soul into everything he does and it shows. Hunter is always changing his sets so that fans coming to multiple shows over the year hear new material. His live band are also incredible, and help give that extra special feel to each show, which you just can’t get from a backing track.
As well as this, Hunter can play tons of instruments, for example, he played all thirty-two instruments on his debut album. Yes, you heard us correctly – thirty-two instruments! It must be that accordion he received when he was two that started his love for playing music.
He is also a Guinness World Records holder. In 2014 Hunter broke the Record for the most concerts played in different cities in twenty-four hours. To do this Hunter visited ten cities, starting off in New York’s Times Square and finishing in Philadelphia. ConAgra Foods sponsored the event which helped to raise awareness for child hunger.
Here are some of our favourite covers from Hunter.
- Justin Timberlake’s ‘Mirrors’ – This is an acoustic version of the popular pop song. Hunter makes the song his own, adding a country vibe and we love it.
- One Republic’s ‘Counting Stars’ – This starts off acoustically before picking up pace after the first verse. There is also a piano solo from Hunter at the end which is amazing.
- Walk The Moon’s ‘Shut up and Dance’ –T his up tempo track was one of the biggest hits of 2015 for it’s catchy, dance tune. Hunter certainly had more than enough energy to pull it off.
- Ed Sheeran’s ‘Thinking Out Loud’ – This song melted everyones hearts and Hunter’s version did not disappoint. Musically he put his own spin on the song and the result was beautiful.
- Coldplay’s ‘Magic’ – Hunters voice suits this song perfectly, making the cover soft and relaxing. Also once again it shows how diverse he can be with his song choices.
Don’t forget to let us know the reasons why you love Hunter. You can tweet us @CelebMix.