What is the Love, Simon series about?
According to Disney Plus, the new Love, Simon series will follow new student, Victor, at Creekwood High School, whilst on his own journey of self-discovery, facing challenges at home, adjusting to the new city, and also, struggling with his sexual orientation.
When it comes to a new High School and figuring out his sexual orientation, everything becomes too much for Victor to deal with alone, so, he turns to our beloved Simon Spier, who will help navigate the ups and downs of high school and life in general.
Do we have a lead?
Actually, yes, we do! Yesterday (August 15th, 2019), it was announced that Michael Cimino will be playing new high school student, Victor.
You may know Michael from newly released horror movie, ‘Annabelle Comes Home‘ and CBS TV series, ‘Training Day‘.
How long will the series be?
Whilst there has been no episode order as of yet, we do know that each episode will be half an hour long.
Is Nick Robinson involved?
Many questions around the Love, Simon series all included Nick Robinson’s involvement within the show, after Becky Albertelli (author of Simon and the Homosapien Agenda) revealed that the show would not be a continuation from the movie.
However, although many hearts were broken from this news, we do know now that Nick Robinson does in fact have some involvement within the show and it’s bigger than you probably had imagined! Nick will narrating the half-hour series, whilst ALSO serving as a producer.
Have we got a cast? What are their involvements?
Michael Cimino being cast as Victor comes after our very first announced cast member, Ana Ortiz (Ugly Betty, Whiskey Cavalier) who will be playing Victor’s mother, Isabel.
The cast also includes;
- James Martinez (One Day at a Time, Tell Me A Story) as Armando – Victor’s “guy’s guy” father who loves and works hard for his family deeply.
- Isabella Ferreira (Orange is the New Black) as Pilar – Victor’s younger sister, who is currently dealing with teenage angst, aka, fear and anxiety.
- Mateo Fernandez (Love, Simon is his debut acting role) as Adrian – Victor’s adorable and good-natured little brother.
- Johnny Sequoyah (American Housewife) as Mia – Victor’s quick, witty, humoured, smart friend.
- Bebe Wood (American Housewife, The Real O’Neals) as Lake – Mia’s quirky and social media-obsessed best friend.
- George Sear (Into the Badlands) as Benji – Victor’s confident and charming classmate.
- Anthony Turpel (No Good Nick) as Felix – Victor’s awkward and lanky neighbour.
- Mason Gooding (Booksmart) as Andrew – Creekwood’s most popular jock, who loves basketball.
Has production started?
Love, Simon is set to start production this month in Los Angeles, with Isaac Aptaker and Elizabeth Berger – who also wrote the movie – as executive producers, alongside Brian Tanen, Jason Ensler, Isaac Klausner, Marty Bowen, Adam Fishbach, Wyck Godfrey and Poya Shahbazian.
Amy York Rubin will be directing the first episode with creative partner, Pilar Boehm, who will be co-executive produce.
20th Century Fox Television will produce the entirety of Love, Simon.
Are you excited for the new Love, Simon series that will be streaming on Disney Plus? Let us know your thoughts by tweeting us over at @CelebMix.