There’s a new drag show on YouTube that you need to watch if you are a fan of RuPaul’s Drag Race. The show is hosted by Bob the Drag Queen, and is titled “Drag Babies”. It premiered on 13 March 2018 on Max Emerson’s YouTube Channel – he is one of the contestants. Surprisingly, the whole show is completely unscripted, which makes it feel more genuine.
The series sees Bob the Drag Queen – who is best known for winning season eight of RuPaul’s Drag Race – choose three Instagram stars to be turned into drag queens. Yes, we do realise this is pretty similar to RuPaul’s Drag U, and we particularly like the fact that it is similar to the challenge RuPaul set the contestants in the early series’ to dress other people up as drag queens.
However, “Drag Babies” has its own style, its own flair, and its own concept. The three contestants are Max Emerson, Pablo Hernandez, and Johnny Sibilly. They’ve each created their own mood boards which suggests the type of drag queen that they want to be. With the help of their assigned Drag Queens – who are Miss Peppermint, Chi Chi DeVayne, and Shuga Cain – as well as MAC Cosmetics style designers; these contestants will be ready to turn it out and become their drag personas.
Watch The Teaser Trailer For “Drag Babies” Here:
The YouTube series premiered on Tuesday and we really cannot wait for the next episode. We don’t want to reveal everything that happens in the show because you need to press the play button below; however, we enjoyed every single minute of it even if it was a bit on the cheesy side – who doesn’t love a bit of cheese, on the side?
Bob the Drag Queen hosts well and it’s great to watch her within this role. The MAC Cosmetic pros are Chantel Mille, Bradley Miller, and Regan Rabanel, who are there to help the contestants get into drag, whilst the drag queens are there to help guide and advise.
What we truly love about the show is that it’s unscripted which makes it feel like complete reality, as if we’re there in the room with them. At times, there does seem to be some guidance or direction, but that allows it to be more structured yet still very real.
Watch The First Episode Of “Drag Babies” Here:
For those of you who are wondering who any of these people in the show are, here’s a quick run-down:
- Bob the Drag Queen – won season eight of RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- Miss Peppermint – runner-up on the ninth season of RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- Chi Chi DeVayne – came fourth in the eighth season of RuPaul’s Drag Race and came eighth in the third season of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars.
- Shuga Cain – New York-based drag queen and recent winner of Look Queen.
- Max Emerson – actor, model, YouTuber, and social star, he’s been in Glee and has directed his own film, titled Hooked. He’s developed quite the fan-base which could explain why Drag Babies is being shown on his YouTube Channel.
- Pablo Hernandez – actor and model, many will know him from Andrew Christian campaigns.
- Johnny Sibilly – actor and comedian, recently seen on HBO’s The Dive.
The series has been created and directed by Preston Sadleir who is an actor, creator and director. He’s been on The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Top Five, High Maintenance, and the upcoming show The Strangers: Prey At Night.
We cannot wait for the second episode of “Drag Babies” – bring on Tuesday.