George Ezra has been confirmed as a musical guest on this year’s Strictly Come Dancing.
As reported by Official Charts, George will perform his number one hit ‘Shotgun’ during this series’ first results show, which will air on Sunday, September 30.
‘Shotgun’ has been a staple part of our playlists over the past few months, and the track was recently named the UK’s Official Song of the Summer. The platinum-selling track reached number one in June, becoming George’s first ever chart topping single. ‘Shotgun’ remained at the top for two weeks, before returning to the top for another fortnight a few weeks later.
The first Strictly Come Dancing live show will take place this weekend, on Saturday September 22. In order to allow them to showcase their new skills, none of the celebrities will be eliminated during the first week. Instead, they will perform and be scored over two weekends, with the first celebrity being voted off during the second week (September 29/30).
Here’s what the celebrities and their partners will be dancing to during the first week:
- Ashley Roberts & Pasha Kovalev: Viennese Waltz to ‘Perfect’ by Ed Sheeran featuring Beyoncé
- Charles Venn & Karen Clifton: Cha Cha Cha to ‘Ain’t No Love (Ain’t Not Use)’ by Sub Sub featuring Melanie Williams
- Danny John-Jules & Amy Dowden: Foxtrot to ‘Top Cat Theme’ by Hoyt Curtin
- Dr Ranj & Janette Manrara: Cha Cha Cha to ‘How Will I Know’ by Whitney Houston
- Faye Tozer & Giovanni Pernice: Cha Cha Cha to ‘Lullaby’ by Sigala featuring Paloma Faith
- Graeme Swann & Oti Mabuse: Samba to ‘Soul Limbo’ by Booker T and The M.G.’s
- Joe Sugg & Dianne Buswell: Jive to ‘Take On Me’ by A-Ha
- Kate Silverton and Aljaž Skorjanec: Cha Cha Cha to ‘Kiss’ by Tom Jones
- Katie Piper & Gorka Marquez: Waltz to ‘When We Were Young’ by Adele
- Lauren Steadman & AJ Pritchard: Waltz to ‘I’m Kissing You’ by Des’ree
- Lee Ryan and Nadiya Bychkova: Waltz to ‘Take It To The Limit’ by The Eagles
- Seann Walsh & Katya Jones: Tango to ‘SexyBack’ by Justin Timberlake
- Stacey Dooley & Kevin Clifton: Quickstep to ‘Dancing’ by Kylie Minogue
- Susannah Constantine & Anton Du Beke: Samba to ‘Tico Tico’ by Carmen Miranda
- Vick Hope and Graziano Di Prima: Jive to ‘Feel It Still’ by Portugal. The Man