What do you get when you combine a string of established and upcoming artists putting their own twist on twenty of today’s biggest hits and old classics? Acoustic Covers: The Album, that’s what!
Released today, Double J Music, an independent UK record label and production company, have created a new compilation album showcasing unique interpretations of songs from a number of exciting acts. The tracks are so varied, ranging from The Chainsmokers’ ‘Paris’ to Whitney Houston’s ‘I Wanna Dance With Somebody’.
The artists involved are a mixture of established and newly viral acts. The diverse combination of artists involved isn’t surprising, considering that Double J are known for being music moguls. With over 60,000 followers and thousands of listeners each day, their Spotify playlist network ‘Listd’ is one of the fastest growing on the site.
Speaking about the release, James Kinnear from Double J Music said: “What drew us to these songs is the way each of the artists transformed the originals into something completely fresh and new. To take a party track like ‘Cheerleader’, and turn it into a heartfelt piano ballad – that’s the basis of what makes this concept so special.”
Acoustic Covers: The Album tracklisting
- ‘Say You Won’t Let Go’ – Alexa Goddard (James Arthur cover)
- ‘Shape of You’ – Adam Christopher (Ed Sheeran cover)
- ‘As Long as You Love Me’ – Sleeping At Last (Backstreet Boys cover)
- ‘I’m Like a Bird’ – John Adams (Nelly Furtado cover)
- ‘I Took a Pill in Ibiza’ – Grace Grundy (Mike Posner cover)
- ‘Castle on the Hill’ – Nicole Cross (Ed Sheeran cover)
- ‘I Wanna Dance With Somebody’ – Matt Alber (Whitney Houston cover)
- ‘Mad World’ – Jennifer Ann (Tears For Fears cover)
- ‘Starving’ – Emma Heesters (Hailee Steinfeld cover)
- ‘Starboy’ – Rajiv Dhall (The Weeknd cover)
- ‘Dancing On My Own’ – Jacob Wellfair (Robyn cover)
- ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’ – Hannah Trigwell (Rick Astley cover)
- ‘Paris’ – Adam Christopher feat. Ashlynn (The Chainsmokers cover)
- ‘Hey Ya’ – DENM (OutKast cover)
- ‘Cheerleader’ – Suzan & Freek (Omi cover)
- ‘Mercy’ – Ella Poletti (Shawn Mendes cover)
- ‘Million Reasons’ – Sapphire (Lady Gaga cover)
- ‘I Don’t Wanna Live Forever’ – Past Midnight (Zayn & Taylor Swift cover)
- ‘Wake Me Up’ – Beth (Avicii cover)
- ‘When We Were Young’ – Ryan Dolan (Adele cover)
Stand out covers for us include Sleeping At Last’s version of ‘As Long As You Love Me’, which gained global attention after featuring on Grey’s Anatomy. We also love John Adams’ unique spin on ‘I’m Like A Bird’, and Emma Heesters’ version of ‘Starving’.
Take a listen for yourself below!
Acoustic Covers: The Album is out now.
Which is your favourite cover from Acoustic Covers: The Album? Let us know on Twitter @CelebMix